Thank you for your interest in becoming a Graham’s Foundation volunteer NICU Ambassador. The goal of the NICU Ambassador program is to help build a “local connection” with the NICU of your choice to help ensure that our care packages and information pieces are received on a timely basis and they are meeting the needs of your NICU. As a NICU Ambassador we will need you to:
- Introduce NICUs to Graham’s Foundation and make sure the staff have information about who we are and what we do to pass along to new parents of preemies.
- Deliver Graham’s Foundation care packages during Prematurity Awareness Month (November) AND recognize the winter holidays in the NICU (December). Along with our care packages, we encourage Ambassadors to bring in donuts and coffee for the parents waiting area or small gifts, etc.
- Support the celebration of Parents of Preemies Day (May) in local NICUs by bringing in care packages or a special gift from Graham’s Foundation. This celebration can be as simple or elaborate as you and your NICU would like.
- Recognize NICU nurses on NICU Nurses Day (September) by delivering Graham’s Foundation care packages and special treats for the nurses.
- Check in with your local NICU during the summer months (July or August) to see if they are in need of any brochures or flyers or care packages for new preemie parents.
- Share ideas on what we can do to improve our services and solutions that support parents.
- Look for ways throughout the year to raise the much needed funds that keep our programs going.
On our end, we promise to:
- Fulfill the care package and information requests for your NICU in a timely fashion
- Listen to your feedback and incorporate it as best we can in future care package improvements
- Support your efforts to raise funds for Graham’s Foundation
Thank you again for your interest and we look forward to working with you.