Oversees brand; supports all levels of the organization through strategic communications and marketing; promotes public awareness to increase footprint; maintains relationships with stakeholders and audiences to engage and promote efforts.
Marketing & Communications
Manages existing marketing and implements new marketing strategies to include:
- Serves as webmaster and keeps website content fresh and updated on a timely basis.
- Serves as spokesperson and arranges for media opportunities on major “preemie-related” occasions and to promote Foundation’s events and activities. To include print, broadcast, local, national and op-eds.
- Work with “Preemie celebrities” to find brand ambassadors.
- Coordinates for fresh, timely content with Social Media manager.
- Work with various vendors to find in-kind sponsorships to support marketing/communications efforts and for in-kind promotional products.
- Develop and oversee email marketing to communicate regularly with all audiences.
- Develop/maintain Foundation blog and work to showcase Preemie parent bloggers and scientific experts.
- Develop electronic and/or print publications such as a magazine, newsletter, annual report, etc.
- Oversee marketing collateral and communications for all events; makes sure brand is consistent on all levels.
- Prepares, develops, and supervises implementation of internal and external communications plans, which included execution of an annual internal communications audit.
- Write fresh and captivating content regularly for all channels and work to have content published on national blog platforms.
- Prepare letters, communications, speeches, talking points, etc for leadership.
- Develop trade show materials + collateral.
- Research story opportunities and interviews health care leaders, patients, and physicians for background information for specific health care stories.
- Explore opportunity for product branding to appeal to Preemie parent/baby community.
- Develops and coordinates strategic plan across organization.
Overall / Reporting: Director of Marketing and Communications reports to the Executive Director and will have minimum weekly program review meetings.
Formal quarterly status and progress to ED and key stakeholders.
Time Commitment: Director of Marketing and Communications is a part-time, contract (1099) position. Expectation 10 – 18 hours per week.