Thank you for submitting your artwork to the Graham’s Foundation Preemie Art Gallery, the first online preemie-focused art gallery. Please read the guidelines below to submit your art file. There are also tips for taking pictures with your smartphone.
Art can be any medium sized drawings, paintings, or even photography. Select submissions will be featured on our social media, newsletters and more!
- Open to any preemie no matter what age or location
- All art must be 100% created by the preemie artist
- All files must be in .jpeg or .png format
- One submission per month
Tips for taking pictures of art with a smartphone:
- Use natural light, turn off artificial lights. Determine the location in your home and the time of day for optimal lighting. Try to find a location and time so the light falls evenly across the artwork. This might be next to a window or through an open door at a certain time of day.
- If it’s too dark inside, take the artwork outside.
- Hang the artwork on a wall or lay it on a flat surface without any other objects in the picture frame.
- Use a tripod, if possible. Whether using a tripod or holding the phone in your hand, position the phone so that angle of the phone is the same as the angle of the art. (If you want to go a stage further there are Apps that show when the phone is level.)
- Center the artwork in the camera frame. Move the camera as close as possible to the art without distorting the image. Keep the border just inside the visible frame. Avoid zooming.
- Take the picture! You may want to take several pictures and select the best one.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com